Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bieber!

Because Bebe is such a fun grandmother, she took the Brewer girls (minus V) 
to see Justin Bieber in Nashville for Lizzy's 8th birthday present!  

I drove up to Florence to drop off Virginia at her first spend-the-night party ever!
I knew Mummi and Doc would be excited to keep her, and I think Virginia was a good girl for them.
(I wasn't the least bit worried about V, but a little worried about M&D's sleep..)

I then drove up to Nashville to meet the other girls.  
Mom got us a hotel room right next door to the arena, which was UBER convenient. 

I've never really spent time in Nashville, and I have to say, I think I would love it.
We walked down to Broadway to look for a dinner spot, and found Merchants.
OOOHHH MAMA, was it good!!!!
I had the Pimento Cheese Burger with Sweet Potato Fries, oh yes I did.
I also tasted some of Mom's 
Sweet Tea Pork Tenderloin with Pimento Cheese Grits and Molasses Green Beans.
Cue the trumpets. 
This wins the prize for Best Dish Ever!

We were almost late to Bieber because of this place.
(When in Merchants, one must order dessert...)


We then scurried our full bellied-selves over to the arena.
Yes, that's Liz in her shiny purple leggings skipping to the entrance!

When we arrived, Cody Simpson was performing.  
He was a cute guy from Australia that I'd never heard of but was entertaining.  
Next came Carly Rae Jepson, who was also a cutie. 
She sang Call Me Maybe and It's Always a Good Time, so that was fun!


Then after a 45 MINUTE break, Bieber finally arrived!  
I couldn't "believe" (ha!) that it took them so long to set up for him.  
I'm talking it was 9:30 or so before he even started performing!

To say this place was loud would be an understatement.
Imagine a sold-out arena full of teenage girls, simultaneously screaming at the top of their lungs.


Just an FYI - Justin Beiber is no longer the adorable little guy singing 
"baby, baby, baby" to a bunch of 3rd graders.
Nope, he is all grown up (well, he's still built like that little guy, just a tad taller),
and he continually asked the screaming female audience if he should take his shirt off.
(Gag)

Even though we didn't know any of the songs from his "Believe" album, 
we still had a great time!


 After a scrum-diddlyumpcious breakfast Saturday morning at Puckett's Grocery, we headed home.

I picked up Virginia from Mummi and Doc's, purchased a Reese's Milkshake from Drink Box for lunch, and drove back to Bham with my girl.

This was such a fun little vacay with Mom, Hailey, and Lizzy!



No comments:

Post a Comment