Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Story Time

Today we went to story time at the library for the first time this summer, and Virginia opened up much more than her previous visits.  Cousin Jack came along and I think the two of them enjoyed hearing stories and dancing to songs about dinosaurs together.  :)

Playing before story time began



Jack wasn't so sure about story time at first.
(Or maybe he just wasn't sure about his crazy cousin, Virginia?!)

When it came time to do "the bean bag rock", Virginia handed her bean bags to Jack, ran to the other side by herself, and stood there watching all the other kids...
Haha!  What a goober.

 I threw her a bean bag and she started dancing along.

She got over her shyness pretty quickly and then wouldn't sit down.  She kept trying to walk up to the story teller.
(That hairdo is a mess from the back!)

As usual, Mr. Jack was perfectly delightful, although quite serious!

 After story time, we played a little while longer at the library and then Virginia threw a tantrum when I was trying to put her in the stroller to leave.  As in a kicking, screaming, shoe-flying off fit.  I gave her a paci, pulled the stroller shade down, and after Katie and I had talked for a few minutes outside, I looked down to find this:

All that bean bag shakin' wore V out!

And I enjoyed a nice (hot) stroll home with a sleeping babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment